FOUNDING OF SCHOOL
Henry Ford Trade School was opened October twenty fifth, nineteen hundred sixteen, with six boys and one instructor. In 1931 the enrollment rose to 2800, with 135 instructors. The time for students was divided between the school shop and the classroom where customary high school subjects were studied.
The school was organized to give needy boys an opportunity to help support themselves and to retain their interest in education. To accomplish the first purpose, each boy was awarded a cash scholarship which was paid to him regularly.
INCORPORATION AND EQUIPMENT
Incorporated under a Michigan statute, the school was operated as a non-profit enterprise. It had a floor space of about three acres set apart for its exclusive use. All the equipment in the class and shop departments was the best.....
We have 4 guests and no members online
This article lists recent updates on hftsaa.org.
- 2011 Pride & Honor Flight
Tom and Dennis Waling TV4 Video Nov 11, 2011
- Historic Newsletters
Old HFTSAA Newsletters from the Archives
- Remembering HFTS Video
Special Video about the Henry Ford Trade School (Available for purchase from Ideal Video Transfer LLC)